
Eli ended up with an ear infection so the doctor put him on antibiotics. She recommended Eli have yogurt a few times a day to replace his probiotics. We gave him a spoon and let him go for it. He didn't quite get the idea of the spoon like Malcolm did, but he did have fun.
Before he got enough probiotics back in his gut, he ended up with a diaper rash. And I didn't have any diaper cream in the house. So I used mango butter (which works wonders as a winter lotion) as I read once that it works for skin problems (heals rashes, relives itchy skin, treats eczema, etc). The rash was almost gone in a day. Just in case anyone else has mango butter sitting around their house, it can be used in a pinch for diaper cream.
Something else I learned at Eli's check up is that one year olds should be drinking from an open cup independently. If they are able to control the free flowing water it helps develop speech. Guess what we're working on now? Eli loves it. He doesn't have the control yet and loves getting wet.
No comments:
Post a Comment